So Sad !! Two Students Of Fuoye Shot Dead By Nigerian Police Man In Oye Ekiti

Two students of the Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE), have been shot dead by the police during a peaceful protest over poor power supply in the community.

In return, the irate student allegedly beat a policeman to death and set the office of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company and a police van ablaze.

Today’s protest is coming after a similar action four months ago. The visibly-angry students carried placards with inscriptions such as “Say No to NEPAPHOBIA”; “We need light” chanting “we need light” in songs.

One of the protesters, Okedare Gbenga, a 300-level student of Geology department lamented how students pay for light but they don’t enjoy it.

Another protester, Adekola Ayomide Franchis, a 300-level student of Accounting department and President of the Faculty of Management Sciences, lamented the poor power supply.

Former Vice-Chairman National Association of Nigerian Students, Ekiti State, Comrade Taiwo while addressing the students declared the protest opened, threatening it will be sustained until government addressed the situation.

Speaking at the school gate while addressing the students, The President of the Students Union Government, Oluwaseun Awodola, lamented poor power supply that has led to the insecurity of the students.

One of them who refused to disclose his identity, spoke on how the protest turned violent.

He said;  The issue of Inadequate power supply as been as issue in Nigeria as a whole. The light issue in oye and Ikole is quite appalling. The students have kept quiet for a while but they just can't take it anymore.
Last semester in Ikole Campus,there was a protest which brought results for a while but it seems the electricity distribution officials aka NEPA have failed to fulfill their promises.
This morning students on both campuses(ikole and oye) got to school only to see the gates locked.
We are tired of reading in the dark! The students of Fuoye living off campus deserve light.
Heartbreaking to see the fake news posted on top blogs and websites in the country concerning the Fuoye student's protest. The students didn't attack Mrs Bisi Fayemi(Wife of the State Governor) , she did!

The students on both campuses (Oye and Ikole) went out for a peaceful protest...why?
The epileptic power supply on both campuses is so appaling.....
Some students in Ikole were having lectures when the members of the SUG called the students out for a peaceful protest...
The students went out en masse for the protest! and locked the NEPA office , they then went to the palace of the King of Ikole . Not long after they heard that a student of Ikole who happened to be a class govenor in 100L had been shot dead by the police! This young man went to join is fellow comrades in oye campus only to get shot in the EYE!
They got angry ,went back to the NEPA office and burnt it down...thank God no one was in the building
At Oye Campus Mrs Bisi Fayemi's was with her convoy on a tour passing through the oye/ikole road then students stopped her at oye hoping she could help with the issue on ground ,according to reports she ordered the shooting of these poor students and they ran for their dear lives.

“Then the police officers started manhandling and chasing the students.
“The students repelled by stoning the officer and the police started shooting our students sporadically which led to the death of one and several were injured.”
FUOYE Students Union President, Comrade Oluwaseun Awodola, however denied the students attacked the Governor wife’s convoy.
“I was sleeping when my PA came that the army official wants to see me. I went to the official and we approached the road.
“On getting to the road side which was closed to the police office, the Mopol said the CSO was around.
“All of a sudden a CPU(moral) official from nowhere came and slapped me.
“Immediately the CSO was begging me and other security officials
“Students came over and they were like they want to see the person that slapped me.
“At first i was aggrieved but later I was calm. We left the scene then the CSO was like once we get to the Governor’s office the police officer will apologise.
“Nobody attacked the convoy of the Governor’s wife. We already agreed we will be having a meeting with the Special Adviser to the Governor and NLC executives tomorrow by 10am before we meet at the school gate tomorrow.
“All of a sudden, a Mopol official fired gun shots. Immediately,  students were like why did he shoot?
“The CSO to the Governor came immediately and told the Mopol to stop shooting.
“They started shooting teargas, gun and the likes. Then students started throwing stones  that was how everything started.
” Nobody attacked the governor’s wife convoy. We ended the protest around 2pm,” he said.

According to the report students did not  lead the attack until the governor wife ordered  the shoot out of students and the news reports that are convoy vehicle's where destroyed and that she escaped in Ayegbaju, which is not true.
When the students realized a fellow student had been attacked they went wild and attacked the police men.
So far 4 students are dead, 2 injured and 3 policemen are  dead.
The policemen went further to go to Student hostel to shoot and fire tear gas.